"Being God's family in the heart of St Helens"
We are part of the Anglican church in the Diocese of Liverpool.
Our purpose is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who become dedicated to Him, devoted to one another, and who demonstrate God’s love in St Helens and the world. We do this by living in community and seeking to build relationships through our values of UP, IN and OUT.
UP - Dedicated to Jesus
- Connecting with Jesus and building our relationship with Him.
- Knowing God's word (the Bible) and learning from it and living by it each day.
- Relying on the power of the Holy Spirit.
IN - Devoted to one another
- Welcoming, accepting, and loving others.
- Helping each other in following Jesus.
- Forgiving others as we seek their forgiveness.
OUT - Demonstrating God's love
- Praying for, serving, and helping others.
- Being generous with our time, talents, and money.
- Showing the love of God each day with our hearts, minds, souls, and strength.
Meet Our Team
The church was built in 1926, after the former Parish Church building, known as St Mary’s, burned down in 1916. The church commissioned W.D. Caröe, one of the most distinguished of English church architects, to design a new church building. St Helens Parish Church was to be the first of Caröe’s churches to be designed after the Great War. The foundation stone was laid in 1920 and the building was completed in 1926.
We took our information about the Parish Church building from the following sources:
1. Jennifer M Freeman, W.D.Caröe, His Architecural Achievement, 1990, Manchester University Press.
2. Sir Nikolaus Pevsner, Buildings of England: South Lancashire, Penguin, 1969. p.50