"Being God's family in the heart of St Helens"
Our purpose is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who become dedicated to Him, devoted to one another, and who demonstrate God’s love in St Helens and the world. We do this by living in community and seeking to build relationships through our values of UP, IN and OUT.
UP - Dedicated to Jesus
- Connecting with Jesus and building our relationship with Him.
- Knowing God's word (the Bible) and learning from it and living by it each day.
- Relying on the power of the Holy Spirit.
IN - Devoted to one another
- Welcoming, accepting, and loving others.
- Helping each other in following Jesus.
- Forgiving others as we seek their forgiveness.
OUT - Demonstrating God's love
- Praying for, serving, and helping others.
- Being generous with our time, talents, and money.
- Showing the love of God each day with our hearts, minds, souls, and strength.
Meet Our Team
The church was built in 1926, after the former Parish Church building, known as St Mary’s, burned down in 1916. The church commissioned W.D. Caröe, one of the most distinguished of English church architects, to design a new church building. St Helens Parish Church was to be the first of Caröe’s churches to be designed after the Great War. The foundation stone was laid in 1920 and the building was completed in 1926.
We took our information about the Parish Church building from the following sources:
1. Jennifer M Freeman, W.D.Caröe, His Architecural Achievement, 1990, Manchester University Press.
2. Sir Nikolaus Pevsner, Buildings of England: South Lancashire, Penguin, 1969. p.50
Our Wider Families
Transform north west is about creating a movement at the heart of three great towns. A movement that is willing to try new things that will help people discover God and to serve. We want to see lives transformed, communities renewed and bring together inspiring people with a heart to love and serve our towns.
Our vision for Transform is:
- To create a Resource Church Network: one church with three locations
- To bring afresh the knowledge and love of Jesus to Warrington, Widnes and St Helens;
- To help transform the culture of the towns towards Kingdom values.
We belong to a family of churches across England and Wales known as Kairos Connexion. In their own words:
"Kairos Connexion is a network of churches and leaders in England and Wales who have committed to travel together on a journey of mission and discipleship.
We exist to serve churches that want to either transition from more traditional models of church to ones where integrated mission and discipleship are front and centre; or churches and leaders who have made the transition and want to continue learning and strategising together for local, regional and national breakthrough."